Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Collar Love :)



I am completely captivated with collars this year. In pretty much every way, shape and form, if it has a collar the item automatically gains 50 points.
I first saw the rise of collars throughout Japan and South Korea. I really hadn't seen anyone in the United States wear them as much as I saw in my Japanese Fashion magazines. They really did show me some new ways to wear a collar and how to make some cute combinations.

During winter I bought this polka dot shirt, not for the shirt but actually just for the collar. I felt it would look great underneath a sweater, and I was right! That was most likely my favorite look that I wore all season long.

Now, since it is way too bloody hot to  wear sweaters all the time. I've just been wearing the collared shit by itself. I also bought this stunning white, studded, and bedazzled collar from Forever21. Isn't it cute?

 I love this just for the fact that I can wear it with a pair of shorts and it is still stylish. At the same time if it is cold in the office and espcially during next winter I can through one of my sweaters on top and it automatically becomes more professional looking. That is another big plus for collars. Is it just me or does it add a dote of professionalism to an outfit?
Also this is another shirt that I own that has a collar on it. This one is more large and has lace on it. Coupled with a Hollister sweater makes it even more lovely in my opinion :) .


These are some collars, and shirts with collars that I've found while browsing online and I thought I would share them all with you. :)  Also I've made the names into links in case any of you fall in love with them and want to find/buy them!


Adorable White Jacquard-Collar Lace-Panel Chiffon Blouse  
This is just really cute. It has lace for the top of your shoulders. It's also in that over sized sweater type of style which will be amazing for summer time. Looks loose and comfy which is a definite must!






                                   

Lace Collar Top 
Now this is from Top Shop and it is so nice. This would look great with some pink, or any other colored jeans and some pumps for a night out. Or even with a nice skirt. I want this so badly. It would match my ruby red skirt so perfectly. This would also be really great for work, especially if you work in an office since it is very professional looking.

Regal Embellished Shirt 
 Next is also from Top Shop! I keep visualizing this along with my slacks for work.  I love the little dangling beads as well, it makes the shirt stand out and really matches the shirt. Also this color is beautiful. It's one of those shirts that look good on various skin tones so it would reflect and balance an outfit well.
It's just gorgeous and it needs to be in my closet asap.


Loose Shirt w/Bowtie 
Now time for the chiffon haul.  This one it really nice and it actually comes in white as well as this light brown color.

A-Line Blouse w/Contrast Color Tie
 This is another one that comes in many different colors. This one is mt favorite though because for one thing I think it will look best on me compared to the others and it is the one that my eyes were drawn to first. I love the fact that not only does it have a collar but it has a cute ribbon to make into a bow. I absolutely adore shirts like that. I feel the same way about them that I do about outfits that come with a belt. Its like a two for one deal. There are loads of things that can be with the ribbon on its one. You could use it in your hair in multiple ways as well as a belt! I love when I purchase an item and it comes with something else. Haha


Metal Rivet Studded Spike Collar Blouse
 Now this one is just a plain white chiffon shirt, however, the collar is studded!  Stubs are really in this year. They've been put on pretty much everyhting from shorts to shoes so I'm not supposed that they are now located on collars. Personally I really like it since it gives a slight edge to a rather plain shirt. I do know that some people really dislike the studs in general but I tend to enjoy them.
Leopard Print Collar Shirt Ughhh, this shirt is so perfect I was slightly speechless when I saw it on Forever21.com. Leopard print is awesome, stylish, and it just looks great with solids. The collar is so cute I think I'd buy the collar if they sold that separately. Same basic style as the shirts shown above. The nice, summery chiffon material paired with a hot collar. I would wear this with a camisole or a tank though, most likely black or red in color.

Petit et Belle * Peter Pan Collar Necklace

This one is more cute and less edgy but still something I believe to be worth having in a closet.  I love that is is gold because for me, its either gold, silver, or even colored jewelry that I wear so this would be a lovely addition.


Spiked Faux Leather Collar
 This is one of the removeable and mobile collars. These look like a stub/rhinestone mix just from the photo but they are detailed in as spikes. This looks pretty sturdy and can be paired with a lot of shirts to give it that "pop" factor.





Hope I didn't kill you all with a photo overload. If you think this is bad just wait until I arrive in Paris!~ Now that will be a photo overload for sure. I hope you all enjoyed this post!!
How do all of you feel about the crazy up rise of collars in daily fashion trends?

xoxo

Jessie
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram! :3






64 comments:

  1. im already following you, its your turn:) Kisses from http://jetaimecoco.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collars I think they finish off an outfit now they are so pretty

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment, id love to follow each other! let me know when you follow me and ill follow back straight away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following on GFC and bloglovin :)))

      and of course <3

      Delete
  4. lovely collars!

    would you like to follow each other?

    pinkposhandperky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks! :)

      Sure I'm following you now :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comment my dear :)
    Of course, we can follow each other, I follow now on GFC and bloglovin!

    Great post, I love those blouses very much, too :) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! :)
      Thank you!


      Haha yup! I thought it would be a nice post. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your lovely comment my dear! Followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post... I love collars, too :) Do you wanna follow each other?
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Sure! :) I'll go check out your blog now!

      Delete
  8. wow,great post! Your blog is very cute.
    I am very happy, if you have a look at my blog.♥
    If you like it,you can follow me. Then i´ll follow you back.:)
    Kisses,
    Victoria
    victoriachicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you! You are very kind! :)
      Sure! I will go look now~

      Delete
  9. Great blog!
    What do you think about to follow each other? Let me know!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to follow you! :) Let me know when you do and I'll follow back!

      Delete
  10. Collars are becoming outfit essentials nowadays. They can take the place of necklaces. Love the fact that they are being evolved into chic, sweet, and edgy styles. :)
    Drop by my blog if you have time dear. Let me know too if you'd want us to follow each other.

    xx, Mela
    www.wearismela.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seriously are! I'm happy about that because I love them so much and I feel that they really do go with almost anything! Haha

      I'd love to follow you! :)

      Delete
  11. Nice post!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. ya soo cute! shall we follow let me know xse
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely! I LOOOVE peter pan collars, they are so romantic and make any outfit automatically look more lady-like! They are so cute! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “GFC” and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x❤x❤

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and following! I'm following you back now on GFC and bloglovin (#18)
      I'm also following you on "G+" and I'd be very happy if you follow me back :)
      Keep in touch sweetie! Hope you have a fabulous weekend<3

      x❤x❤

      "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




      Delete
  14. I totally love colars, so stylis. Yours are pretty cool too :)
    Btw I am now following you via GFC and bloglovin, hope you can follow me back.
    Have a nice day :o)

    xoxo
    Veronica
    http://veronicadelarge.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been in love with collars too lately! They're so classy and cute!

    http://alovelycommotion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them so much! haha I'm also really happy to see them everywhere! I hope you have found some nice ones :)

      Delete
  16. Hi lovely, thank you so much for your comment! of course I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin now!! I wait for you...
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) I hope you had a good weekend as well <3

      Delete
  17. Love the detailed collar trend!
    I'm absolutely in love with your pearly one!
    charming blod, dear!
    Perhaps you would enjoy exchanging follows?

    Best,
    icantaffordmylifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to!!! :)))) <33333
      Also yes! My pearly one is my absolute favorite at the moment :))) Let me know when you follow me and I'll follow back :)

      Delete
  18. Thanx for following babe follow you now back xjess
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just found your blog and loving it. Maybe we can follow each other on GFC or bloglovin? Please feel free to stop by my blog and let me know. XO

    http://mevamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable! I love collared shirts as well~

    Feel free to check-out my latest blog post and if you like, follow me on GFC, I'll follow you back :)
    http://roxxanaifrim.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are seriously one of my favorite items this year! :)

      I check you out and followed xx Just waiting on you :)

      Delete
  21. great post dear!
    love this pictures
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in love with your style!! You are so adorable it should be a crime!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. :) It's actually a nice way to discover more blogs. :) Hope you take part. :)

    Details here: http://meowmd.blogspot.com/2013/05/my-first-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely Greetings <3 ,kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing selection! So great:)

    Win a pair of sunglasses:
    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2013/05/firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Followed you back via GFC dear!
    Thank you so much for the support. :)

    xx, Mela
    www.wearismela.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a useful and interesting post, love both the collars you're wearing, though Peter Pan ones are my personal favourite.

    Love your blog! xx

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!!!! :)))

      Oh yes the Peter Pan ones are just lovely!
      I'm checking yours out now and yours is quite awesome as well!!! :)

      Delete
  28. Hey there! I've nominated you for a LIEBSTER AWARD! Check it out on my blog thegirlwhobakes-andmore.blogspot.co.uk Well done and let the awards continue! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this, collars are the best!
    Maybe we can follow each other?
    www.mollyewins.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! :))))
      Of course! I've actually read your blog before! haha

      Delete
  30. Great selection! So beautiful:)

    Win a pair of sunglasses:
    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2013/05/firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my latest blog post and it will tell you everything you need to do for it!!!

    Merilin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank youuu!!! :) I will check it out! haha

      Delete
  32. Such a cool post! Gotta love collars! :)
    Maybe you might consider following each other on GFC and Bloglovin? I will wait for you on my blog!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete