Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

☺Current Lip Obsessions ☺


'Ello Everyone!

I don't know exactly why but as of late I have been completely obsessed with lipsticks. And when I say that I mean for the last 3 months. I used to not have any interest whatsoever for anything other than lip gloss since I used to think that lipsticks were too much and I felt that they would only make me look like a lost clown in search of the nearest county fair. I was totally wrong though. They are quite nice and I've sort of gone and bought quite a couple ones. I've only been using a couple all the time but I did go out and buy around 5 more just to have them and to eventually experiment with.  However these are the three I've been using the most frequently!



This is from Rimmel London and it is #272 and the color is Frosted. This color is absolutely fantastic. It goes on very nicely and leaves a wonderful shine to my lips. It's not too much of a brassy color, and it is more of a nude shimmer, which is what I was looking for. This is the first lipstick that I started wearing a lot. It lasted a really long time and didn't look like too much was going on with my face. It also went well with a lot of my outfits. It's almost all gone though so I think I may cut back a bit as to not use it all up so quickly. :)
Rimmel London. #272 Frosted



Next is this wonderful color from Revlon that I cannot even find anymore. I don't know if it was just limited time or maybe the store I've been to just haven't had them but other way I haven't found one in stores. Then again they are probably all over the internet. I was actually rather upset when I came home with this because in reality I had grabbed the wrong color. I thought I had grabbed a red but when I actually pulled it out and saw the word orange I nearly had a heart attack. I usually correlate the lip color orange with that neon color so I was very afraid. However I LOVE it. This goes on so smoothly and it has a wonderful sheer quality to it, but at the same time it gives some serious color to my lips. It also shimmers a bit which I find cute. No matter if I go heavy, or light on my eye makeup this color will make my face pop. It is just the right color that can be wore during the day and for a night out. 4.5 stars for this one! 

Revlon - Abstract Orange

Clinique - Shade is SHY






Lastly is this plum color that is from Clinque and actually goes by the name "Shy". My boss actually gave this to me 2 weeks ago and it is amazing. She got it in with her order and didn't think it would suit her so she gave it to me so Yay! I'm really happy she did that because I adore this color. It is a plum, sore of light purple mix. It seems to be sheer but then as you can see from the little swatch I've done, it does have some standing color. It's such a nice shade. Plus it is not at all sticky, it just glides right on. I would definitely buy this once this one I have runs out. I feel that this is a timeless color. It goes with so much and does not look awkward.


Overall while writing this I want to buy more to have a lovely and crazy color collection. Like the colors of the rainbow with all the funky colors included that are usually pushed out of the way by the main colors. 

That is all for tonight guys! What colors have you been obsessed with lately?

xoxo

Jessie

23 comments:

  1. The first one is sooo beautiful.*__*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely mix of colours. I'm addicted to pinks at the moment which is a colour I don't normally wear.

    Lovely blog Hun following you on blogluvin and GFC have a wander over to mine thres a giveaway on at the moment.

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you!
      Haha Yeah I completly understand! I've really gotten into colors I usually don't wear.

      I'm following you on blogluvin and GFC so I'm happy you're following me too. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog- I popped back to follow you. I'm so obsessed with lipsticks too at the minute, if you can get your hands on any, Avon is great for them! :') x Olwyn

    http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime :)

      Oh really? I need to check them out then! haha There is never too many lipsticks! :')

      Delete
  4. I love n17 long last range, they last for hours and are colourful! Love your blog!

    xoxoxo

    rubyrubyrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the ones that last for hours. It's annoying to have to reapply all the time. :/


      :) Thanks girlie!

      Delete
  5. Love the rimmel lipstick!

    Really like your blog, would you like to follow each other on GFC or Bloglovin'? X

    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm actually wearing that one right now!!! It is such a lovely color.

      Of course!!!! :)
      I'll go follow you now! I'd love for you to follow me too. :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much hun, I've just followed you via GFC and Bloglovin' - but your follows don't seem to be showing up on my page? Darn technology :/ X

      http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
    3. Yeah I'm definitely following you so that is odd! Haha
      <3

      Delete
  6. Hello Jessie, thank you for following on GFC and Bloglovin' I just followed you back both ^.^ Keep in touch :)

    *HuG*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :)))))

      And of course! I love your blog!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Swatches!
    Thank you for the nice Comment. Yes ,i want follow each other ,i follow now :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice choice of shades! :) As for me, I've been interested in matte lipsticks. :))

    Followed. Hope you follow back. :)

    http://meowmd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Really? I actually got a red matte the other day! I'm excited to try it out! :))

      Of course! :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Isn't it such a nice shade? I'm in love with it. :)

      Delete
  10. omg the second colour looks sooo amazing, gotta have it! gonna read through your whole blog soon :) would you mind also checking out mine too :) merilinzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. first one is cool.
    Loves
    trokesland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete